61. I have been ill______last Sunday.
62. It certainly is attractive but is it______?
63. The Shepherded was looking after the ______ of sheep.
Directions (Q. Nos. 64-68): Find the suitable alternatives for these questions on the basis of following paragraph.
The window offered a view of the house opposite. The two families did not speak to each other because of a property dispute. One day, Ruchira’s textbooks lay untouched as the young girl’s gaze was on the happenings in the house opposite. There were two new faces in the neighbouring household â€“ that of an elderly widow and a girls aged sixteen. Some times the elderly lady would sit by the window, doing the young girl’s hair. On other days she was absent.
The new young neighbour’s daily routine could be seen through the window – she cleaned the rice paddy; split nuts, put the cushions in the sun to air them. In the afternoons while the men were all at world some of the women slept and others played cards. The girl sat on the terrace and read. Sometimes she wrote. One day there was hindrance. She was writing when the elderly woman snatched the unfinished letter from her hands. Thereafter the girl was not to be seen on the terrace. Sometimes during the day sounds came from the house indicating that a massive argument was going on inside.
A few days passed. One evening Ruchira noticed the girl standing on the terrace in tears. The evening prayer was in progress. As she did daily, the girl bowed several times in prayer. Then she went downstairs. That night Ruchira wrote a letter. She went out and posted it that very instant. But as she lay in bed that night, she prayed fervently that her offer of friendship wouldn’t reach its destination. Ruchira then left for Madhupur and returned when it was time for college to start. She found the house opposite in darkness, locked. They had left.
When she stepped into her room she found the desk piled with letters one had a local stamp on it with her name and address in unfamiliar handwriting. She quickly read it. They continued to write to each other for the next twenty years.
64. Why did Ruchira write a letter to her new neighbour?
(A) She wanted to offer her, her help
(B) She wanted to be friends with her
(C) To apologize for her family’s behaviour towards her family
(D) To encourage her to continue learning to read and write
65. How did the new young neighbour spend her days?
(A) She was busy writing letters to Ruchira
(B) She used to daydream about her past experiences
(C) She would attend to the needs of the widow
(D) She spent her time learning to read and write.
66. What was the major argument in the house about?
(A) There were too many people living there, which resulted in arguments
(B) The young girl was insisting on attending college
(C) The young girl had been wasting her time instead of working
(D) The old woman did not guard the young girl closely.
67. Which of the following is TRUE in the context of the passage?
(A) The young girl was very devout and prayed everyday.
(B) Only two letters were exchanged between the two girls.
(C) The new young neighbour was a servant.
(D) The afternoon was a time to relax for everyone.
68. Choose the word which is most nearly the SAME in meaning as the word printed in bold as used in the passage.
Directions (Q. Nos. 69 – 70) : Choose the correct meaning of the idioms given in bold in the sentences.
69. We should guard against our green-eyed friend.
70. He is not worth his salt if fails at this juncture.
(A) Quite Worthless
(B) Very proud of himself
(C) Quite depressed
(D) Very strange
71. X और Y, Z के बच्चे हैं, Z, X का पिता है, लेकिन Y, Z का पुत्र नहीं हैं, तो Y का Z से क्या सम्बन्ध है?
(D) चचेरा भाई
72. एक दिन में कितनी बार घड़ी की सुई सीधी परन्तु दिशा में विपरीत होती है?
(A) 11 बार
(B) 22 बार
(C) 33 बार
(D) 44 बार
73. एक व्यक्ति अपनी वास्तविक गति की 5/6 की दर से पैदल चलकर 40 मिनट कार्यालय देरी से पहँचता है तो उनके कार्यालय के लिए सामान्य यात्रा का समय क्या है?
(A) 3 घंटा 15 मिनट
(B) 3 घंटा 30 मिनट
(C) 3 घंटा 20 मिनट
(D) उपरोक्त में से कोई नहीं
74. AC, FH, KM, PR, ____
75. लाभ : हानि ::
(A) सफलता : विफलता
(B) रुपया : पैसा
(C) संपूर्ण : भाग
(D) गुणन : वृद्धि
76. दिए गए सेट (5, 10, 25) का विकल्प है
(A) 6, 12, 24
(B) 21, 14, 7
(C) 12, 24, 60
(D) 6, 12, 18
77. निम्न में से विषम है
78. GOLDEN को ODNGLE के रूप में कोडित किया गया है, SENIOR को कैसे कोडित किया जाएगा
79. एक वस्तु को 600 रु. में खरीदा जाता है और उसे 500 रु. में बेचा जाता है हानि प्रतिशत ज्ञात करें।
80. 19683 का घनमूल ज्ञात कीजिए।