UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducted the CDS (Combined Defence Services) I Exam – 2021. CDS I 2021 Paper held on 07 February 2021. This paper is English Section. UPSC CDS (I) 2021 English Paper Answer Key available here.
Exam – UPSC CDS (I) 2021
Organized by – UPSC
Subject – English
Date of Exam – 07th February, 2021
SET – D
Number of Question – 120
|CDS Exam (I) 07 Feb 2021 – English Language Paper||Click Here|
|CDS Exam (I) 07 Feb 2021 – General Knowledge Paper (English Language)||Click Here|
UPSC CDS (I) Exam 2021 Paper
Subject – English (Answer Key)
PREPOSITION AND DETERMINERS
Directions : Each of the following sentences in this section has a blank space with four options. Select whichever preposition or determiner you consider the most appropriate for the blank space and indicate your response on the Answer Sheet accordingly.
1. Don’t go ______ the wind, you will face the music later.
2. He has been considered ______ honest contestant in the competition.
3. Don’t read ______ the lines. Read the lines.
4. The village possesses ______ scenic beauty.
5. He is all out to blame everyone ______ his mistakes.
6. This is ______ unique system of governance where everyone is the government.
7. I will take care ______ myself. You don’t bother about me.
8. She is considered ______ nightingale of the college for her melodious voice.
9. The room is a bit dark. Could you please turn ______ the light?
10. Don’t walk so fast! I can’t keep ______ with you.
(b) up to
PARTS OF SPEECH
Directions : Each of the following sentences has a word or phrase underlined. Read the sentences carefully and find which part of speech the underlined word is. Indicate your response on the Answer Sheet accordingly.
11. The preacher said, “No one is above the all powerful”
(b) Place value
12. The most beautiful seven monkeys of the landlord were taken for a stroll
(c) Noun phrase
13. Alas! He has been defeated
14. The man who is in the green shift is the chief of the day
(b) Relative noun
(c) Demonstrative pronouns
(d) Assertive noun
15. He has been living in the jungle for long and he knows all the animals here
(a) Subordinating conjunction
(b) Coordinating conjunction
(d) Personal pronoun
16. They have been driving since early morning
17. This time we woke up to the virus related diseases
(d) Noun phrase
18. Love your neighbour as thyself
19. Ravi won the match with a huge margin
(a) Intransitive verb
(b) Transitive verb
(c) Demonstrative verb
20. There was an exultation in the group