16. Teaching would be more effective if the teacher –
(A) Makes his intent purposeful
(B) Is master of his subject
(C) Uses various intellectual aids
(D) Declares his objective in the beginning
17. In ‘Of studies’ who said, “Reading makes a fullman; conference a readyman; and writing an exactman?”
(A) Joseph Addison
(B) Charles Lamb
(C) Geoffrey Chaucer
(D) Francis Bacon
18. Which methodology sees language as a complex of grammatical rules which are to be learnt one at a time in a set order?
(A) Grammar cum translation method
(B) The structural approach
(C) Direct method
(D) Communication Language Teaching (CLT)
19. The main function of a language is
(D) All of the above
20. The primary skills in any language are –
(A) Listening and reading
(B) Listening and speaking
(C) Listening and writing
(D) Writing and speaking
Direction (Q. No. 21 – 22): Choose the most suitable option that describes the meaning of the following idioms and phrases.
21. I expect he will come round within a week.
(A) Turn up
(B) Come up
(D) Come at last
22. I readily closed with his offer.
Direction (Q. No. 23): Find out the part that has error in the sentence given below.
23. Continuous drizzle (A)/ in the city (B)/ Kept the people (C) / indoors today. (D)
Direction (Q. No. 24 – 25) : In following sentences choose the word opposite in meaning to the underlined word.
24. In facing adverse situations, he was very stoical.
25. They made a profligate use of scarce resources.
Direction (Q. No. 26 – 27) : Reorder the following words and phrases to make a meaningful sentence and select the most appropriate option.
26. football match / to have seen / I remember / never / exciting / a more.
(A) I never remember a more exciting football match to have seen.
(B) I never remember to have seen a more exciting football match.
(C) I remember never to have seen a more exciting football match.
(D) I remember to have seen a more exciting football match never.
27. too careful / of his / a man / in the / enemies / choice / can’t be.
(A) A man can’t be in the choice of his enemies too careful.
(B) A man can’t be careful in the choice of his enemies too.
(C) A man in the choice of his enemies can’t be too careful.
(D) A man can’t be too careful in the choice of his enemies.
Direction (Q. No. 28 – 29) : Select the most suitable conjunction and fill in the blanks.
28. Rustum is slow _____ sure.
29. Take care _____ you should fall.
Direction (Q.No. 30). Select the most suitable alternative and fill in the blank.
30. I wish he _____ not play his wireless so loudly.
Read Also …