81. Choose the correct form of indirect narration for the given sentence:
He said, “I am a student”.
(A) He says that he is a student.
(B) He said that he was a student.
(C) He said that he is a student.
(D) He says that he was a student.
82. Read the following poem and answer the question that follows it:
When God at first made Man,
Having a glass of blessings standing by:
Let us (said He) pour on him all we can:
Let the world’s riches, which dispersed lie,
Contract into a span.
So strength first made a way;
Then beauty flow’d, then wisdom, honour, pleasure:
When almost all was out, God made a stay,
Perceiving that alone, of all His treasure,
Rest in the bottom lay.
For if I should (said He)
Bestow this jewel also on my creature,
He would adore my gifts instead of me,
And rest in Nature, not the God of Nature:
So both should losers be
Yet let him keep the rest,
But keep them with repining restlessness:
Let him be rich and weary, that at least,
If goodness lead him not, yet weariness
May toss him to my breast.
What did God pour on man?
83. Choose the correct antonym of the given word from the options that follow:
84. Choose the correct option to fill in the blank:
He cut the apple ______ a knife.
85. Fill in the blank with the correct option:
Her father accompanied by all her uncles ______ late.
(C) have been
(D) have arrived
86. Identify the proper noun in the following sentence from the options given below.
Jaysingh was a brave king.
87. In the sentence given below, the underlined phrasal verb means:
You should allow for delays when planning a journey.
(A) exclude something in a plan or calculation
(B) include something in a plan or calculation
(C) to make a mathematical total
(D) withdraw your plans and proposals
88. Choose the correct form of active voice from the options, for the given sentence:
I was invited to the party by him.
(A) He invited me to the party.
(B) He invited me to go to the party.
(C) I am told to go to the party.
(D) I was instructed to go to the party.
89. Choose the correct modal to fill in the blank:
He ______ not enter my house again. (Command)
90. Choose the correct assertive form of the given sentence from the options that follow:
What a fool you are!
(A) You are foolish.
(B) None but you are a fool.
(C) You are a great fool.
(D) You are more or less a fool
91. Fill in the blank with the correct option:
Bread and butter _______ good for health.
(D) have been
92. Choose the correct option.
Which one of the following is a feature of an Ode?
(A) sarcastic style
(B) comic style
(C) elevated style
(D) epic technique epic
93. Choose the correct meaning of “Strike while the iron is hot” from the given options:
(A) to be ready to fight
(B) to take advantage of an opportunity as soon as it exists
(C) to hit at someone
(D) to respond angrily
94. Identify the noun clause in the following sentence:
That you have come, pleases me.
(A) A you have come
(B) that you have come
(C) pleases me
(D) you have come pleases me
95. Read the poem carefully and answer the question that follow:
Freedom is the right to do
Anything that pleases you
As long as you keep in sight
the others also have right
Have you the right to kill a cat?
Oh no! it is wrong, just consider that
The cat has the right to live like you
so remember that it is certainly wrong
to deprive a nightingale its song
to cheat the poor people, as rich men do
to rob the innocent, as robbers do
What is freedom?
(A) the right to break law.
(B) the right to do as one pleases
(C) the right to violate any rule
(D) to cheat.
96. Choose the correct direct speech of the given sentence from the options that follow:
The teacher said that oil floats on water.
(A) The teacher said, “Oil floats on water”.
(B) The teacher says, “Oil floats on water.”
(C) The teacher said, “Oil floated on water”.
(D) The teacher says, “Oil floated on water”.
97. Fill in the blank with the correct form of the verb given in bracket.
Choose from the options that follow :
It’s time you ______ (go) to bed.
(A) have gone
(B) had gone
(D) are going
98. Choose the correct direct speech of the given sentence from the options that follow
She says that Tom is a doctor.
(A) She said, “Tom is a doctor”.
(B) She says, “Tom was a doctor”.
(C) She said, “Tom was a doctor”.
(D) She says, “Tom is a doctor”.
99. Choose the correct answer from the given options to identify the underlined part of the sentence.
Where he Lives is not known.
(A) adjective clause
(B) adverb clause
(C) noun clause
(D) independent clause
100. Choose the correct antonym of the given word from the options that follow.