101. Choose the correct answer from the given options to identify the underlined part of the sentence:
I’II do it when I please.
(A) Adjective Clause
(B) Adverb Clause
(C) Noun Clause
(D) Prepositional Phrase
102. Choose the correct option to fill in the blank:
What is the time ______ your watch?
103. Choose the correct option to replace the underlined part of the sentence from the given options:
Glass is hard but easily broken.
104. Identify the correct form of tense in the underlined part of the given sentence:
When I arrived, Tom was talking on the phone.
(A) Past continuous
(B) Past perfect
(C) Present continuous
(D) Present perfect continuous
105. Choose the correct modal auxiliary.
You ______ pay a little more attention to your appearance. (To express a degree of dissatisfaction and reproach)
106. Choose the correct tense of the verb in bracket the options that follow:
You (pass) the exam, if you had studied hard.
(A) will have passed
(B) had passed
(C) shall have passed
(D) would have passed
107. Choose the correct synonym of the given word from the options that follow:
108. Choose the correct option:
Which one of the following is not feature of the Sonnet?
(A) It has fourteen lines.
(B) It is never written in lambic pentameter.
(C) It is a lyric poem.
(D) It may have an octave and sestet.
109. Choose the correct phrasal verb to fill in the bank:
We must ______ expenses, or we’ll be getting into debt.
(A) cut upon
(B) cut in
(C) cut down
(D) cut off
110. Identify the underlined part of speech in the following sentence:
A thing of beauty is a joy forever.
111. Choose the correct tense of the verb in bracket from the options that follow:
If I were you, I (buy) a car,
(A) will buy
(B) should buy
(D) shall buy
112. Choose the correct option for the given phonetic transcription from the options that follow
(B) only see
(C) both see and sea
(D) only sea
113. Choose the correct active voice of the given sentence from the options that follow:
The man wasn’t given money by her.
(A) She hadn’t given money to the man.
(B) Money wasn’t given to man by her.
(C) She isn’t giving money to man.
(D) She didn’t give money to the man.
114. Fill in the blank with the correct option:
Stop ______ Tell me what really happened.
(A) beating in the bush
(B) beating round the bush
(C) beating about the bush
(D) beating around the bush
115. Choose the correct part of speech of the underlined word of the following sentence from the options given below.
They arrived soon after.
116. Choose the correct one-word substitution for the following:
A story or picture that can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning trpically a moral or political one.
117. Choose a verb in agreement with its subject in the following sentence:
Politics _____ With him the business of his life.
(C) have been
118. Choose the correct option to fill in the blank:
An amendment has been made ______ The bill.
119. Choose the correct compound from of the given sentence from the options that follow:
Seeing a bear coming he lay on the groud.
(A) Seeing a bear coming and so he lay on the ground.
(B) He was lying on the ground as he saw the bear.
(C) He saw a bear and lay on the ground.
(D) The bear having come he lay on the ground.
120. Fill in the blank with in correct option.
Not one of the lectures ______ Interesting.
(D) have been