UKPSC – Uttarakhand Public Service Commission Conducted the Uttarakhand High Court Nainital ARO – Assistant Review Officer, Typist, Translators and Assistant Librarian Pre Exam Paper 2018 on 29 December 2019. This Pre Exam Paper General Knowledge Answer Key Avalable Here.
Exam Organizer – UKPSC (Uttarakhand Public Service Commission)
Post – ARO – Assistant Review Officer, Typist, Translators and Assistant Librarian
Question Paper – General Knowledge
Date – 29 December, 2019
Question Book Series – B
Total Questions – 200
|Click Here To Download Official Answer Key|
UKPSC Uttarakhand High Court ARO, Typist, Translators Pre Exam 2019 (Official Answer Key)
1. Which one of the following passes connects Arunachal Pradesh with Tibet ?
(a) Aghil pass
(b) Banihal pass
(c) Chang la pass
(d) Bom di la pass
2. In which of the following states, coal reserve is highest in India?
(d) West Bengal
3. In which of the following mountain ranges, the Pachmarhi Hill station is situated?
4. Which one of the following Islands, is known as the ‘rice bowl’ of Japan ?
5. Which one of the following is the chief agricultural characteristic of tropical and subtropical region ?
(a) Intensive farming
(b) Extensive farming
(c) Sparsely cultivated areas
(d) Very high productivity farming
6. Hudhud cyclone was associated with which of the following coastal regions of India ?
(a) Andhra coastal region
(b) Kerala coastal region
(c) Bengal coastal region
(d) Chennai coastal region
7. From which of the following meridians, is the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) reckoned ?
(a) 66° 30′
(b) 23° 30′
(d) 82° 30′
8. Identify the chief iron-ore mining centres of the Great Lakes region of United States of America :
(a) Birmingham, Pittsburg, Chicago
(b) Duluth, Mesabi, Vermillion
(c) Los Angeles, Pueblo, Pittsburg
(d) Dallas, Pittsburg, Mesabi
9. Who of the following scholars had used the following method for calculating crop combination indices for the first time ?
(a) K.K. Doi
(b) J.C. Weaver
(c) A.P. Pownall
(d) S.M. Rafiullah
10. Which one of the following states of India has the highest density of population as per 2011 census?
(b) Uttar Pradesh
(c) West Bengal
11. In which of the following states of India, the ‘Bokaro iron and steel plant’ is situated ?
(b) West Bengal
12. In which of the following major Himalayan ranges, is the Pir Panjal range located ?
(a) Lesser Himalaya
(b) Trans Himalaya
(c) Greater Himalaya
13. Genoa is a famous and leading sea-port of which one of the following countries?
14. In which of the following states of India. Indira Gandhi Super Thermal Power Project is located ?
(c) Uttar Pradesh
15. The Hwang-Ho river which is known as the ‘Sorrow of China’ falls into which seas of the following ?
(a) East Sea (Sea of Japan)
(b) Yellow Sea
(c) East China Sea
(d) South China Sea
16. In which of the following Himalayan valleys, Shipki-La pass is located ?
(a) Nubra Valley
(b) Chandra Valley
(c) Sutlej Valley
(d) Brahmaputra Valley
17. Which of the following states of India has the largest population of scheduled castes as per 2011 census?
(b) Uttar Pradesh
(d) West Bengal
18. Who was the Chairman of the First Law Commission ?
(a) Sir John Shore
(b) Lord William Bentinck
(c) Lord Macaulay
(d) Lord Clive
19. Cripps Mission came in India on:
(a) 10 March 1943
(b) 11 March 1942
(c) 20 March 1942
(d) 20 April 1942
20. When the British Parliament enacted an Act authorising the crown to issue charters to establish Recorder’s Court at Bombay and Madras?
(a) In 1797
(b) In 1796
(c) In 1795
(d) In 1798