81. Which of the following pairs (State – date of formation) is correctly matched ?
(A) Haryana – 01 November, 1966
(B) Mizoram – 25 June, 1986
(C) Telangana – 15 August, 2014
(D) Chhattisgarh – 20 November, 2000
82. Which of the following States is the largest producer of pulses in India ?
(A) Madhya Pradesh
(B) Uttar Pradesh
83. Which of the following country has the largest reserve of Bauxite of the world ?
84. Which of the following State has the largest forest area in India ?
(C) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Andhra Pradesh
85. In which of the following year the National Population Policy’ (NPP) was announced in India ?
86. The ‘World Population Day’ is observed on
(A) 11th April
(B) 11th May
(C) 11th July
(D) 12th August
87. Who propounded the ‘Mobility Transition Model of Migration’ ?
88. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched ?
(A) Tharu – Uttar Pradesh
(B) Gaddi – Himachal Pradesh
(C) Konyak – Kerala
(D) Toda – Tamil Nadu
89. As per 2011 census, which of the following states of India had the highest sex-ratio ?
(C) Uttar Pradesh
(D) West Bengal
90. Which of the following is called “Heart of the City” ?
(A) Central Business District
(B) Zone of Better Residence
(C) Zone of Better Social Amenities
(D) Commuters’ Zone
91. Who made the Functional Classification of Indian Cities ?
(A) R.L. Singh
(B) G.S. Gosal
(C) Ashok Mitra
(D) A.B. Mukherjee
92. The National Award for Child Welfare was instituted in the year
(A) 1996 AD
(6) 1979 AD
(C) 2008 AD
(D) 2014 AD
93. The term ‘Ecosystem’ was first used in 1935 by
94. Which of the following states incorporated ‘Environmental Education’ as a subject in school curriculum for the first time ?
95. The main reason of Ozone depletion is
(A) Carbon Monoxide
(B) Carbon Dioxide
(D) Chloro-fluoro Carbon
96. Which of the following canal is responsible for land-degradation in Rajasthan ?
(A) Ganga Canal
(B) Sirhind Canal
(C) Indira Gandhi Canal
(D) Agra Canal
97. ‘Biodiversity’ is
(A) Totality of all species, all genes and all ecosystems.
(B) Variety of plants
(C) Variety of animals
(D) Totality of cultural environment
98. Which of the following is responsible for acid rain ?
(A) Nitrogen oxide and Carbon dioxide
(B) Nitrogen oxide and Carbon monoxide
(C) Sulphur dioxide and Nitrogen oxide
(D) None of the above
99. Match the following with the given code
. Plant Climatic Region
A. Megatherm 1. Tundra Region
B. Mesotherm 2. Equatorial Region
C. Microtherm 3. Tropical Region
D. Hekistotherm 4. Temperate Region
. A B C D
(A) 1 2 3 4
(B) 1 3 2 4
(C) 3 4 2 1
(D) 2 3 4 1
100. With which of the following is the Central Government’s “Stand-up India’ scheme to promote entrepreneurship?
(A) Women and Minorities
(B) SC/STs and Women
(C) SC/STs and Minorities
(D) All of the above