21. If one-third of one-fourth of a number is 15, then three-tenth of that number is
22. A clock is started at 12 o’clock noon. By 10 minutes past 5, the hour hand has turned through
23. 39 persons can repair a road in 12 days, working 5 hours a day. In how many days will 30 persons, of same efficiency working 6 hours a day, complete the work ?
24. The difference between a two digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the positions of its digits is 36. What is the difference between the two digits of that number ?
25. Major Somnath Sharma who was honoured with Param Vir Chakra posthumously in 1947 belonged to
(A) Gorkha Rifle
(B) Garhwal Rifle
(C) Dogra Regiment
(D) Kumaon Regiment
26. The Lakhu cave having ancient rock paintings is located in
(A) Chamoli district
(B) Nainital district
(C) Haridwar district
(D) Almora district
27. The court language of Katyuris was
28. The pass connecting Darma and Byans Valley is
29. The objective of forming the “Praja Mandal” was a
(A) to get freedom from British Rule
(B) to get freedom from Gorkha Rule
(C) to organise people for social reform
(D) to free the people from misrule of Tehri State
30. The Khatling glacier is the origin-place of
(A) Jalkur river
(B) Bhilangana river
(C) Pilang Ganga river
(D) Bal Ganga river
31. Which of the following is not a foothill town ?
32. The famous ‘Kailash-Manasarovar Yatra’ passes through
(A) Niti pass
(B) Lipulekh pass
(C) Lampiya Dhura pass
(D) Barahoti pass
33. Which one of the following is not a railway terminus point in Uttarakhand ?
34. In which district does the “Nandhaur Dun” lie ?
(A) Udham Singh Nagar
35. In the Himalaya, the “Main Central Thrust” (MCT) separates
(A) Lesser Himalaya and Outer Himalaya
(B) ‘Dun’ valleys and the Shivaliks
(C) Greater Himalaya and Trans-Himalaya
(D) Greater Himalaya and Lesser Himalaya
36. The historical name of Uttarkashi is
37. During which period did the Colonial conflict start in Uttarakhand ?
(A) Mughal period
(B) Gorkha period
(C) Dogra period
(D) British period
38. Which of the following was known as ‘Kubjamrak’ in ancient time ?
39. In which language are the ‘Pandukeshwar copper plates’ written ?
40. In which of the following dances, the song is not sung ?