21. Which word does not belong with the others ?
22. Obesity is a serious problem in this country. Research suggests that obesity can lead to a number of health problems including diabetes, asthma and heart disease. Recent research has even indicated that there may be a relationship between obesity and some types of cancer. Major public health campaigns that increase awareness and propose simple lifestyle changes that will, with diligence and desire, eliminate or least mitigate the incidence of obesity are a crucial first step in battling this critical problem.
This paragraph best supports the statement that:
(A) public health campaigns that raise consciousness and propose lifestyle changes are a productive way to fight obesity.
(B) obesity is the leading cause of diabetes in our country.
(C) people in our country watch too much television and do not exercise enough.
(D) a decline in obesity would radically decrease the incidence of asthma.
23. Fill in the gap, with most appropriate word in the following sentence :
_______ people all over the world are working longer hours.
(A) In general
24. Find the pair that has a similar relationship :
Pastoral : Rural
(A) Metropolitan : Urban
(B) Harvest : Autumn
(C) Agrarian : Service
(D) Sleepy : Nocturnal
25. Find the pair that has a similar relationship :
Aerie : Eagle
(A) Capital : Government
(B) Bridge : Architect
(C) House : Person
(D) Unit : Apartment
26. Candid is to indirect as honest is to :
27. Posthumous publication occurs when a book is published after the author’s death.
Which situation is the best example of Posthumous publication ?
(A) Gopal’s illness took his life before he was able to enjoy the amazing early reviews of his novel.
(B) Publisher cancels Savita’s book contract after she fails to deliver the manuscript on time.
(C) Rajinder never thought he’d live to see the third book in his trilogy published.
(D) Amita is honoured with a prestigious literary award for her writing career and her daughter accepts the award on behalf of her deceased mother.
28. Which one of the following Helpline Number has been setup for providing information related to Elections in Haryana ?
29. Which of the following day is observed as International Day for Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation ?
(A) February 6th
(B) January 31
(C) March 14th
(D) February 14h
30. Which one of the following combination of personalities of Haryana were awarded Padma Shri award by Government of India in 2019?
(A) Kanwal Singh Chauhan, Sultan Singh, Narendra Singh
(B) Kanwal Singh Chauhan, Dhoop Singh, Manohar Lal
(C) Narendra Singh, Anil Kumar, Subir Das
(D) Roop Singh, Sultan Singh, Dhoop Singh
31. A milkman has 20 litres of milk. If he mixes 5 litres of water, which is free in 20 litres of pure milk. If the cost of pure milk is Rs. 18 per litre, then the profit of milkman, when he sells all mixture at cost price is :
32. The United Nations Human Right High Commissioner office is located at :
(B) New York
(C) The Hague
33. In which of the following country, joint peace mission, a multi-nation counter terrorism exercise of Pakistan and India was organized under Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) for the first time in 2018?
34. Look at this series :
80, 10, 70, 15, 60, ____ what number should come next ?
35. Which gas was released when Bhopal gas tragedy occurred ?
(A) Methyl Cyanide
(B) Methyl Iso Cyanide
(C) Methyl Nitrate
(D) Nitrogen Cyanide
36. PQLI stands for :
(A) Physical Quality of Life Index
(B) Poor Quality of Life in India
(C) Population Quotient of Life in India
(D) Poverty, Quality of Life in India
37. Which instrument is used to measure humidity ?
38. If ‘P’ denotes ‘multiplied by’, ‘R’ denotes ‘added to’, ‘S’ denotes ‘subtracted from’ and ‘T’ denotes ‘divided by’, then
16 P 4 T 8 R 12 S 5 is equal to :
39. What is the 2018 estimates of sex ratio (women per 1000 men) in Haryana ?
40. Which was the World’s first successful electronic computer ?