Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) conducted the HCS (Haryana Civil Services) Pre Exam on 12th September 2021. Haryana PCS Pre Exam Paper I (General Studies) with Answer Key available here.
Exam – HCS (Haryana Civil Services)
Organiser – HPSC (Haryana Public Service Commission)
Subject – Paper I (General Studies)
Date – 12 September 2021
Total Question – 100
Paper Set – A
|Haryana PCS Pre Exam Paper I (General Studies) – 12 Sep 2021 (Hindi Language)
Haryana PCS Pre Exam Paper 2021 Official Answer Key
Paper – I (General Studies)
1. Among the following languages, which has/have been has/have been declared as ‘Classical Language/Languages’by the Indian Government ?
(A) (i) and (iv) only
(B) (ii) and (iii) only
(C) (ii), (iii) and (iv) only
(D) All of the above
2. Which among the following is known as ‘Virodhi Kavi’ or the ‘Rebel Poet’ ?
(A) Suryakant Tripathi Nirala
(B) Kazi Nazrul Islam
(C) Sumitranandan Pant
(D) Mohan Rakesh
3. In which of the following place/places are the famous Ashokan pillars found ?
(iii) Lauriya Nandangarh
(A) (i) only
(B) (i) and (ii) only
(C) (i), (ii) and (iii) only
(D) All of the above
4. Who were the chief painters of the Hamza-nama under Akbar’s order ?
(A) Bihzad and Mulla Dust Muhammad
(B) Daswanth and Basawan
(C) Sayyed Ali and Abdas Samad
(D) Manohar and Bishun Das
5. Which language was used as the official language in Satavahana Age?
6. Which among following is NOT a proto-Harappan culture ?
(A) Amri culture
(B) Sothi culturery
(C) Kot-Diji culture
(D) Zhob culture
7. DETA Who led the English Company’s Embassy to Emperor Farrukshiyar court ?
(A) Thomas Roe
(B) Gerald Aungier
(C) Robert Clive
(D) John Surman
8. Which of the following is incorrectly paired ?
(A) Ramosi Uprising : Chittur Singh. 1822
(B) Santal Rebellion : Birsa Munda, 1899
(C) Rangpur Uprising : Dirjinarain, 1783
(D) Kol Uprising : Buddhu Bhagat, 1831
9. Which of the following statements about the ‘Ahrar Movement’ are true ?
(i) One of its founders was Maulana Muhammad Ali.
(ii) Its members advocated active participation in the Indian National Movement.
(iii) It was founded in the early decades of the twentieth century,
(iv) It supported the loyalist politics of the Aligarh Movement.
Choose the correct answer :
(A) (ii), (iii), (iv)
(B) (i), (ii), (iii)
(C) (i), (iii), (iv)
(D) (i), (iv), (iii)
10. Arrange the chronological order of the Sufi saints:
(i) Nasiruddin Chirag-i-Delhi
(ii) Shaikh Muinuddin Sijzi
(iii) Baba Farid
(iv) Nizamuddin Aulia
Choose the correct chronology:
(A) (ii), (iv), (iii), (i)
(B) (ii), (iii), (iv), (i)
(C) (i), (iii), (iv), (ii)
(D) (i), (ii), (iii), (iv)
11. Who assassinated Stevens, the District Magistrate of Tippera (Tripura) in 1931 ?
(A) Kalpana Datta and Suhasini Ganguly
(B) Pritilata Waddedar and Kalpana Datta
(C) Santi and Suniti Chaudhury
(D) Bina Das and Basanti Devi
12. Which dynasty ruled in the region of modern Haryana at the time of Ghaznavid invasion ?
(A) Tomara Rajputs
(B) Parmara Rajputs
(C) Chauhan Rajputs
(D) Kacchwaha Rajputs
13. Which statements are correct about the Bhakti saint Namdeva ?
(I) Worshipped Vitthal of Pandharpur.
(II) He was from Gujarat.
(III) He was a son of a tailor.
(IV) He wrote many Abhangas.
Choose the correct answer :
(A) (I), (II), (IIT), (IV)
(B) (II), (III), (IV)
(C) (I), (III), (IV)
(D) (I), (II), (II)
14. Given below are the locations of four archaeological sites in India:
(P) Attirampakkam, (Q) Bhimbetka, (R) Piklihal, (S) Burzahom
the following presents the correct order of their locations from North to South?
15. Which among the following is a term that emerged during the 18th century in connection with the Agrarian system which basically meant a contract by which the revenue of an area was farmed out to the highest bidder ?
16. With reference to the Mughal administration, which among the following options is connected to the features of Mansabdari System?
(A) Zat, Sawar
(B) Barkat, Fana
(C) Namus, Din
(D) Peshkash, Nazr
17. In the context of Land Revenue Settlement of Colonial India. Which of the following statements is NOT correct ?
(A) In 1790, Lord Wellesley introduced the Permanent Settlement in Bengal Province.
(B) Under this, the Zamindars were recognised as the owners of the entire land in their Zamindaris.
(C) It made right of land ownership hereditary.
(D) Zamindars were given the right to sell the land.
18. With reference to Medieval Indian History, what does ‘Pietra Dura’ refer to ?
(A) It was a type of textile design prevalent in Deccan.
(B) Coloured, hard stones placed in depressions carved into marble or sandstone creats beautiful, ornate patterns.
(C) A variety of musical instrument played during Mughal wedding rituals.
(D) A kind of coloured photograph brought from Iran to the Mughal court.
19. Arrange the following cases related to basic structure of Constitution in chronological orde
(I) Minerva Mills Case
(II) Golak Nath Case
(III) Indira Gandhi vs Raj Narain
(IV) Kesavanand Bharati Case
(A) II→ III → I →IV
(B) II→ IV → III →I
(C) I→ III→ II →IV
(D) II→ III→ I →IV
20. Assertion (A) : Financial bills can be introduced only in the Lower House (Lok Sabha).
Reason (R) : Lower House (Lok Sabha) is directly elected by the people.
(A) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
(B) Both A and R are true and R is not the correct explanation of A
(C) A is true but R is false
(D) A is false but R is true