81. Which Governor General of Bengal underwent impeachment proceedings in the British Parliament ?
(a) Robert Clive
(b) Henry Vansittart
(c) Warren Hastings
(d) Lord Cornwallis
82. Who among the following composed the ‘Prayag Prashasti’ of Samudragupta?
(b) Chand Bardai
83. Which one of the following kingdoms was founded by the two brothers Harihar and Bukka?
84. At which one of the following places did the Danes establish their settlement in India ?
85. A rectangle ABCD is kept in front of a concave mirror of focal length f with its corners A and B being, respectively, at distances 2f and 3f from the mirror with AB along the principal axis as shown in the figure. It forms an image A’B’C’D’ in front of the mirror. What is the ratio of B’C’ to A’D’ ?
86. Shown in the figure are two plane mirrors XY and YZ (XY丄YZ) joined at their edge. Also shown is a light ray falling on one of the mirrors and reflected back parallel to its original path as a result of this arrangement. The two mirrors are now rotated by an angle Ө to their new position X’YZ’, as shown. As a result the new reflected ray is at an angle a from the original reflected ray. Then:
(a) α = 0
(b) α = Ө
(c) α = 2Ө
(d) α = 4Ө
87. A railway wagon (open at the top) of mass M1 is moving with speed v1 along a straight track. As a result of rain, after some time it gets partially filled with water so that the mass of the wagon becomes M2 and speed becomes v2. Taking the rain to be falling vertically and water stationary inside the wagon, the relation between the two speeds v1 and v2 is:
(a) v1 = v2
(b) ½M1v12 < ½M2v22
(c) M1v1 = M2v2
(d) M1v1 < M2v2
88. Which one of the following statements is not true for a flute, a musical instrument?
(a) Momentum of waves on the blowing jet determines the loudness of the produced note.
(b) Arrival time of the waves on the blowing jet determines the pitch of the produced note.
(c) Sound comes from a vibrating column of air inside the flute.
(d) Sound comes from a vibrating column of air inside as well as outside the flute.
89. A positive charge is moving towards south in a space where magnetic field is pointing in the north direction. The moving charge will experience:
(a) a deflecting force towards north direction.
(b) a deflecting force towards east direction.
(c) a deflecting force towards west direction.
(d) no deflecting force.
90. Which one of the following is not a main greenhouse gas?
(a) Water vapour
(c) Carbon dioxide
91. Which one of the following statements about X-rays is not true?
(a) They have wavelengths of about 1 Å.
(b) These can be generated by bombarding a metal target by high energy electrons.
(c) Due to their wavelengths being shorter, these can be used for radar systems.
(d) These are also used for the treatment of certain forms of cancer.
92. Which one among the following is the northernmost geographical location?
(a) New Delhi
93. Consider the following statements:
1. Distance becomes zero on North Pole and South between the longitudes Pole.
2. Distance between the longitudes is maximum on the Equator.
3. Number of longitudes is more than number of latitudes.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
94. Which one among the following states is the leading producer of Manganese in India?
(a) Madhya Pradesh
95. Mica is mainly used in:
(a) food and beverage industry.
(b) iron and steel industry.
(c) aluminium industry.
(d) electrical and electronic industries.
96. According to Koppen’s climatic classifications, the Great Northern Plains of India have which one of the following climates?
(a) Aw climate
(b) Cwg climate
(c) Amw climate
(d) Dfc climate
97. Which of the following statements about Lachit Borphukan is/are correct?
1. He was a General of the Ahom Force.
2. He is known for his leadership in the Battle of Saraighat.
3. Lachit Borphukan Gold Medal is given to the best cadet at the National Defence Academy.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 only
(d) 2 only
98. The 4th edition of joint military exercise ‘DUSTLIK’ between the Indian Army and the Uzbekistan Army was held in :
99. Which of the following is India’s first privately developed rocket launched by ISRO recently?
100. Which one among the following villages was recently declared as India’s first 24 x 7 solar-powered village?
(a) Mawlynnong, Meghalaya
(b) Modhera, Gujarat
(c) Ziro village, Arunachal Pradesh
(d) Malana, Himachal Pradesh