UPPSC – Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission Conduct the UP PCS, ACF and RFO Preliminary Exam on 11 October 2020. This Question Paper 2 – General Studies (CSAT) Answer Key Available Here .
Exam – UPPCS Preliminary Exam 2020
Subject – General Studies – II (CSAT)
Number Of Questions – 100
Date of Exam – 11 October, 2020
Booklet Series – C
|UPPSC PCS, ACF and RFO Pre Exam Paper – I (General Studies)||Set – A|
|Set – B|
|Set – C|
|Set – D|
|UPPSC PCS, ACF and RFO Pre Exam Paper – II (General Studies)||Set – A|
|Set – B|
|Set – C|
|Set – D|
UPPSC PCS, ACF and RFO Pre Exam 2020 (Official Answer Key)
Paper 2 – General Studies
Instruction for Question Nos. 21 to 25:
Read the following passage carefully and answer the following questions that follows:
Education is a device for helping a man to grow to his full stature. It enables him to realize his nature both mentally and spiritually and in that realization to become all that he has it in him to be. It is to the child what perfect gardening is to the tree, a help so to grow that it may develop its own personality. A good gardener helps each plant to put forth that essential quality of its own that differentiates it from all other plants and makes it a thing of use and beauty in the world. The good education performs a similar office for the human being.
To the man of trained faculties and developed tastes the world becomes literally a larger place, larger and the more exciting. He is able to see in it more beauty, more variety, more scope for his sympathy and understanding than he saw before. So far as the understanding of the universe is concerned while education diminishes certainly of what is, it widens his sense of the possibilities of what may be and transforms the world from humdrum scene of workshop, factory and office to a universe of mystery and treasure house of beauty.
21. The world becomes a larger place and the more exciting
(a) For a wrestler
(b) For a thief
(c) For a cheat
(d) For a man of trained faculties and developed tastes
22. Education enables a man
(a) To realize his nature both mentally and spiritually
(b) To become a gardener
(c) To be physically strong
(d) To become a successful person
23. What an educated man is able to see in the world ?
(a) Mountains, hills and bushes
(b) Roads, meadows and inns
(c) More beauty, more variety, more scope for his sympathy and understanding than he saw before
(d) Rivers, lakes and rocks
24. The passage “universe of mystery and a treasure house of beauty” means
(a) Helping a man to develop the best in him
(b) Universe full of mysterious and beautiful things
(c) Education of universe makes a man wise and beautiful
(d) Education of universe makes him bounteous and large hearted
25. What is the work of a good gardener ?
(a) To help each plant to take water
(b) To help each plant to put forth the essential quality of its own
(c) To help each plant to grow
(d) To help each plant to be green and healthy
26. The word ‘rendezvous’ means
(b) A place appointed for a meeting
(c) A secret place
27. Which of the following word is wrongly spelt ?
28. Change the sentence “let it be done at once” into active voice.
(a) Let it happen at once
(b) Do it at least once
(c) Let it occur at once
(d) Do it at once
29. Punctuate the following sentence :
“Whatever is is right.”
(a) Whatever is. Is right?
(b) Whatever. Is is right.
(c) Whatever is, is right.
(d) Whatever, is, is right
30. Choose the correct synonym of the word ‘abominable’.
31. Choose the correct conjunction from the following options to complete the sentence :
“He got ______ he was ill”.
32. ‘In the pipeline’ means
(a) In the process of being developed
33. In the sentence, “he finished the job at one go”, the word ‘go’ is
34. Change the sentence “I never eat meat, he explained” into indirect speech.
(a) He explains that I eat meat
(b) He explained to eat meat
(c) He explained that he never ate meat
(d) I explained that he never eats meat
35. “White elephant” means
(a) A rare object
(b) An uneconomical possession
(c) An object that does not exist
(d) A useful possession
36. A monkey climbs a 12 meters high slippery pillar. In his first minute, he climbs 2 meters and in the next minute, he slips one meter down. In this way, how much time will he take to reach the top of the pillar ?
(a) 10 minutes
(b) 21 minutes
(c) 12 minutes
(d) 11 minutes
37. Find the number of triangles in the following figure :
38. Match the List – I with the List – II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the list :
. List – I List – II
A. All men are mortal. 1. Universal negative
B. No man are perfect. 2. Particular negative
C. Some students are intelligent 3. Universal affirmative
D. Some farmers are not rich. 4. Particular affirmative
. A B C D
(a) 1 3 4 2
(b) 2 4 1 3
(c) 4 1 3 2
(d) 3 1 4 2
39. The process of judging some problem situation on the basis of its similarity with one encountered earlier, is known as
(a) Anchoring heuristics
(b) Heuristics of representativeness
(c) Adjustment heuristics
40. Which one of the following sometimes hinders the problem solving ?
(b) Mental set