61. What is the campaign theme of the ‘International Women’s Day 2000’
(a) Planet 50-50 by 2030
(b) Equality for women
(c) Think Equal, Act Equal
(d) Each for Equal
62. The term “Operation Car Wash” that was making news recently, is related to which country?
(b) South Africa
63. Which country will host the UN Climate Summit ‘COP26’?
64. In a latest report (2019) World Bank appreciated India’s efforts and policies to
(a) Reduce Poverty by half since 1991
(b) Provide clean and wholesome water to all
(c) Immunize all the children in the age group 0-5 years
(d) Achieve gender parity in primary education
65. The Noble Prize 2019 for Economics has been awarded to Abhijit Banerjee, Esther Duflo and Michael Kremer for:
(a) To discover the most effective ways to tackle poverty in the developing world
(b) To discover consumption pattern among rural mass
(c) To discover decision making under asymmetric information
(d) To discover role of non-economic factors in trade distortions
66. Why is there a great concern about the ‘microbeads’ that are released into environment?
(a) They are considered harmful to marine ecosystems
(b) They are considered to cause skin cancer in children
(c) They are small enough to be absorbed by crop plants in irrigated fields
(d) They are often found to be used as food adulterants.
67. Among the following, which one is the largest exporter of rice in the world in the last five years?
68. Which country’s capital name is renamed as ‘Nursultan’?
69. Which of the followings are called ‘Brettonwoods Twins’?
(a) IMF & International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
(b) IMF & World Trade Organization
(c) IBRD & World Trade Organization
(d) None of these
70. Which state got a separate high court on 1st January 2019, which is the 25th high court of India?
(d) Andhra Pradesh
71. Which of the following states does not have a bicameral Legislature?
(a) Jammu and Kashmir
(d) West Bengal
72. Which state first adopted the Panchayati Raj in India in 1959 ?
73. Which of the following is / are true regarding Panchayati Rai Raj system?
I. The act won’t apply to Darjeeling district of West Bengal.
II. Allotment of seats in constituencies for Panchayat elections cannot be questioned in any court of law.
(a) Only I
(b) Only II
(c) Both I and II
(d) None of these
74. Which of the following are the recommendation / recommendations of the L.M. Committee?
I. Nvava Panchayats should be creator a cluster of villages.
II. Constitutional recognition for Panchayati Raj institutions.
III. More financial resources for village Panchayats.
(a) II & III
(b) I & III
(c) I & II
(d) All of these
75. Pahal scheme is related with?
(a) Agriculture Loan
(b) Direct Transfer of LPG Subsidy
(c) Women Education
(d) Child Education
76. Under which Schedule of the Constitution of India can the transfer of tribal land to private parties for mining be declared null and void?
(a) Third Schedule
(b) Fifth Schedule
(c) Ninth Schedule
(d) Twelfth Schedule
77. Rajya Sabha can delay the Finance Bill sent for its consideration by the Lok Sabha for a maximum period of:
(a) 14 Days
(b) 15 Days
(c) 1 Month
(d) 6 Months
78. The Constitution 86th Amendment Act, 2002 deals with:
(a) Right to Education a Fundamental Right for children in the range of 6-14 years
(b) Right to employment a fundamental right
(c) Right to employment a fundamental right for rural people
(d) Right to Education a Fundamental Right for children in the range of 5-13
79. The National Human Rights Commission is a:
(a) Constitutional body
(b) Extra Constitutional body
(c) Statutory Body
(d) Public-Private Body
80. Which Union Ministry has launched a new web portal ‘Santust’ for elective delivery of public service?
(a) Ministry of Education
(b) Ministry of Environment
(c) Ministry of Labour and Employment
(d) Ministry of Finance
2 thoughts on “HPAS Pre Exam 2020 Paper I (General Studies) Official Answer Key”
This blog site has got lots of very helpful information on it! Thanks for sharing it with me.