61. Which sentence has the correct punctuation ?
(A) Sarah studying German; Physics and Chemistry this year.
(B) Sarah’s studying German, Physics and Chemistry this year.
(C) Sarah’s studying German : Physics and Chemistry this year.
(D) Sarah’s studying German Physics Chemistry this year.
62. Choose the correct option to fill in the given blank:
________ of the bad weather, there was a large crowd at the match.
(B) Even though
63. Fill in the given blank with one of the phrases.
I ______ eat meat but I became a vegetarian five years ago.
(A) used to
(B) get used to
(D) didn’t use to
64. Complete the sentence by selecting the appropriate preposition to fill in the given blank:
He won an award because he saved someone _______ drowning
65. Complete the sentence with a plural count noun.
_____ are very expensive.
66. Complete the sentence by selecting ‘a’, ‘an’, ‘the’ or ‘-’ .
If an article is not required, mark (D) as the answer.
I like listening to _____ music.
(D) hyphen (-)
67. Choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word:
68. Choose the one that best expresses the meaning of the given word:
69. Find the correctly spelt word.
70. Which of the options, (A), (B), (C), given below the sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold type and underlined to make the sentence grammatically correct ? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (D) as the answer.
If I would have realised the nature of the job earlier, I would not have accepted it.
(A) If I have had
(B) In case I would have
(C) Had I been
(D) No correction required
71. Give one word for :
Account of a person’s life written by himself
72. Find out the correct meaning of the idiomatic expression :
To kill two birds with one stone
(A) Achieve two aims with a single effort
(B) To be well informed, to be intelligent
(C) Do the most dangerous job
(D) To rise to a higher position
73. Which figure of speech is used in this text ?
Elderly American ladies leaning on their canes listed toward me like towers of Pisa.
(D) None of these
74. Complete the sentence with the correct form of adverb which suits the sentence :
Felix cooks the _____ of all my housemates, and he often makes dinner for everyone.
75. Complete the pattern analogy:
Drama : Dramatic :: Aroma : ?
76. ‘क्ष’ वर्ण निम्नलिखित में से किसके योग से बना है ?
(A) क् + ष
(B) क् + च
(C) क् + छ
(D) क् +श
77. निम्नलिखित में से कौन-सा शब्द ‘कामदेव’ का पर्याय नहीं है ?
(D) उपर्युक्त सभी
78. ‘पारिजात’ किसका पर्यायवाची है ?
19. ‘मुख्य’ किसका विलोम है ?
80. अक्षि और अक्षी का सही युग्म अर्थ निम्नलिखित में से क्या है ?
(A) आँखवाली और आँख
(B) धुरी और आँख
(C) आँख और आँखवाली
(D) काजल और आँखवाली