उत्तर प्रदेश P.C.S. (Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission) की प्रारंभिक परीक्षा (Preliminary Examination) – 2012 का हल (Solved) सामान्य अध्ययन द्वितीय प्रश्नपत्र (General Studies – 2nd Paper) उत्तर प्रदेश लोक सेवा आयोग (UPPSC) द्वारा आयोजित।
परीक्षा (Exam) – UPPCS Pre – 2012
विषय (Subject) – सामान्य अध्ययन – द्वितीय प्रश्नपत्र (General Studies – IInd Paper)
कुल प्रश्न (Number Of Questions) – 100
बुकलेट श्रृंखला (Booklet Series) – A
उत्तर प्रदेश PCS प्रारंभिक परीक्षा (UPPCS Pre Exam) – 2012
सामान्य अध्ययन प्रश्नपत्र – II
Direction for the following three question (Q-1 to3) :
Read the passage and answer the questions that follow. Your answers to these questions should be based on the passage only.
Like many people I was convinced that the broad range of health benefits that physical activity offers including weight loss, lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels and hardier immune system. So three times a week I sweated on a treadmill and exercise bicycle at my local gym. At the and of two months. I was local trimmer, more energetic, and felt fitter. If I could accomplish this by working three times a week. I reasoned the more exercise should bring me even greater benefits.
In the next six month, I included an hour-long running six times a week and initially felt on improved fitness level. However, soon I was plagued by muscular soreness and aching knees I felt fatigued rather than fresher after a workout. What is more? I found myself suffering from frequent colds. Wasn’t the exercise meant to protect me from all this?
Exercise only up to a point, a prescription of exercise does not mean running to the point of lameness or swimming endless laps until your arms cramp. So, forget ‘no pain, no gain.’ the key to maximizing the benefits of exercise is a safe and sensible programme. Choose exercises that are safe and enjoyable and will stay with you a lifetime. The initial enthusiasm of high impact exercises gives way to diminishing enjoyment.
1. One feels fatigued because of
B. long working hours
C. poor diet
D. lack of exercise
2. To get maximum benefits of exercise one must
A. follow a rigid fitness routine
B. do high impact exercise
C. exercise infrequently
D. follow a guided exercise schedule
3. ‘Work out’ in this passage means
A. a cessation of physical exercise
B. to work outdoors
C. a session of physical exercise
D. anything that works eventually
4. Give the correct meaning of the word ‘osmosis’.
A. burning off a impurities
B. movement of underground water in an oasis
C. movement of liquid through a membrane
D. lowering of the freezing point
5. Transform the following sentence without a change of meaning.
“Besides being poor he is in debt”
Choose your answer from the following:
A. he is poor inspite of his debt.
B. he is poor so he is in debt.
C. he is poor yet he is in debt.
D. he is poor as well as in debt.
6. Which one of the following is the correct transformation of the sentence gives below without a change of meaning?
“None but a fool would say this”
A. a foolish person would say this.
B. only a fool would say this.
C. none despite a fool would say this.
D. neither except a fool would say this.
7. Which one of the following is the correct active voice of the sentence given below?
“Wasn’t he rebuked by his officer?”
A. his officer rebuked him.
B. dis his officer rebuke him?
C. didn’t his officer rebuke him?
D. was not his officer rebuke him?
8. Which of the following is the correct indirect form of the sentence given below?
I said to you, “you can see my shop tomorrow”.
A. I told you to see my shop tomorrow.
B. I told you that you could see my shop next day.
C. I said to you that you can see my shop next day.
D. I said to you that you could see my shop tomorrow.
9. Choose the correctly spelt word.
10. Which of the following would you associate with the word “gregarious” correctly?
A. a little tipsy
C. fond of company
D. markedly rude
11. The phrase “palmy days” means
A. old days
B. middle ages
C. bad days
D. prosperous days
12. Fill in the blanks in the following sentence and choose your answer from the option given below sentences:
“John got…………….the examination.”
13. निम्नलिखित में से गलत विलोम शब्दयुग्म कौन है ?
A. प्रवेश – नवेश
B. मूक – वाचाल
C. भूत – भविष्य
D. पुरस्कार – तिरस्कार
14. ‘आए थे हरि भजन को ओटन लगे कपास’ लोकोक्ति का सही अर्थ है
A. साधुओं की संगती छोड़ देना
B. वाच्छित कार्य को छोड़कर अन्य कार्य में लाग जाना
C. भक्ति छोड़कर व्यापार करने लगना
D. गृहस्थी के झंझटों में फँस जाना
15. निम्नलिखित में से कौन कमल का पर्यायवाची नहीं है ?
16. ‘स्वयं भू’ शब्द का रथ है
B. स्वतः उत्पन्न
17. ‘तल्लीन’ शब्द का संधि विच्छेद होगा
A. तव + लीन
B. तल + लीन
C. ततः + लीन
D. तत् + लीन
18. हिन्दी वर्णमाला में उष्म व्यंजन कौन से हैं ?
A. श, ष, स, ह
B. त, थ, द, ध
C. ट, ठ, ड, ढ़
D. च, छ, ज, झ
19. ‘सदैव’ शब्द में कौन सी सन्धि है ?
A. यण सन्धि
B. व्यंजन सन्धि
C. वृद्धि सन्धि
D. गुण सन्धि
20. निम्नलिखित वाक्यों में से किसमें अकर्मक क्रिया प्रयुक्त है ?
A. शिशु सो रहा है।
B. बालक खेल रहा है।
C. छात्र पढ़ रहा है।
D. छात्रा लिख रही है।