PARTS OF SPEECH
Directions: Match the underlined word in each of the following sentences with the correct parts of speech and indicate your response on the answer sheet accordingly.
101. The artist pranced around the stage singing enthusiastically.
102. Put the fork and knife in the cutlery box.
103. She came slowly up to the main door.
104. Oh no! I am getting late for the function.
105. They are all going to attend the function.
106. The sun shone through the dull grey clouds.
107. The Principal is presiding over the meeting.
108. Cash machines permit people to withdraw money at any time.
109. The novel is loosely based on his childhood in England.
110. Since children have so much homework to do their playtime is very limited.
FILL IN THE BLANKS
Directions: In this section each of the following sentences has a blank space and each sentence is followed by four options. Select the most appropriate option to fill the blank space.
111. Another version of the play based on the text was re-enacted successfully after the prosecution and eventual ________ of enacting the play in public theatre by the Government.
112. Ravi remembers the year when there was a ________ flood.
113. Davis is not sure whether he should ________ the forest guest house after dark.
114. They ________ as responsible people do during the difficult situation.
115. Criminal law has taken long ________ in facilitating access to justice for women by making various provisions.
116. Many laws have been made to deal with the problems of ________ against women.
117. A person purchasing goods and services for commercial purposes will also not come under the ________ of this act.
118. The emergence of a sovereign Indian nation was ________ on the notion of equality.
119. In Manipur, the most important piece of literary work that continues to a sense of patriotism is ‘Khongjom Parva’.
120. Women’s autobiographies in the post- Independence period can be seen as ________ of their literary interest.
|Read Also :
|Uttarakhand Study Material in Hindi Language (हिंदी भाषा में)||Click Here|
|Uttarakhand Study Material in English Language
|Uttarakhand Study Material One Liner in Hindi Language
|Uttarakhand UKPSC Previous Year Exam Paper||Click Here|
|Uttarakhand UKSSSC Previous Year Exam Paper||Click Here|
|UPSC Previous Year Exam Paper||Click Here|
|UPSC CDS Previous Year Exam Paper
|UPSC NDA Previous Year Exam Paper