Uttarakhand Public Service Commission Conduct the UKPCS Judicial Service Civil Judge (JD) (Pre) Exam – 2019 on 01 September, 2019. UKPCS Judicial Service Civil Judge (JD) (Pre) Exam 2019 with Answer Key available here.
Exam – Uttarakhand PCS Service Civil Judge (J.D.)
Organizer – UKPCS
Subject – General Knowledge & Law
Total Question – 200
Date – 01 September, 2019
Uttarakhand PCS Judicial Service Civil Judge (JD) (Pre) Exam – 2019
Part – I
1. Who is the current Chairman of Union Public Service Commission ?
(a) Arvind Saxena
(b) Dr. Pradeep Joshi
(c) Ashok Kumar Gupta
(d) Anirudha Yadav
2. Which of the following case has been decided by the International Permanent Court of Justice ?
(a) Corfu Channel Case
(b) Paquete Habana Case
(c) S.S. Lotus Case
(d) Anglo-Norwegian Fisheries Case
3. ‘Ex Acqua et bono’ maxim is related to
(a) Source of International Law
(b) Law of Extradition
(c) Law of Recognition
(d) Law of State Succession
4. In which year World Health Organisation had been constituted ?
5. Who is the writer of the book ‘Theory of Justice’ ?
(a) John Rawls
6. The Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Act, 2018 came into effect from
(a) 1st July, 2018
(b) 1st October, 2018
(c) 26th July, 2018
(d) 26th October, 2018
7. The decision of the International Court of Justice is signed by whom ?
(a) The Chairman
(b) The Registrar
(c) Both (a) & (b)
(d) None of these
8. For word ‘Uttaranchal’, the word ‘Uttarakhand’ was substituted by Uttaranchal (Alteration of Name) Act in the year
9. The Fugitive Economic Offenders Act, 2018 (Act 17 of 2018) shall be deemed to have come into force on
(a) 20th March, 2018
(b) 20th April, 2018
(c) 21st April, 2018
(d) 22nd April, 2018
10. ‘The Indian Constitution Corner Stone of a Nation’ book was authored by
(a) John Austin
(b) Granville Austin
(c) A.L. Good Heart
(d) H.L.A. Hart
11. Which one of the Chief Justice of India was Vice President of India from 1979 to 1984 ?
(a) M. Hidayatullah
(b) S.M. Sikri
(c) A.N. Ray
(d) K. Subba Rao
12. Which one of the following is a Neutralized State ?
13. What is the width of the excluded economic zone in International Law ?
(a) 12 nautical miles
(b) 24 nautical miles
(c) 100 nautical miles
(d) 200 nautical miles
14. A person born not in the country of his parents, would be the national of the country where he is born on the basis of the principle of
(a) Jus Soli
(b) Jus Sanguinis
(c) Jus Jury
(d) Jus Terti
15. “Asylum stops where extradition begins”. Above statement was made by
16. Declaring a diplomat “persona non-grata” is a right of the
(a) Sending State
(b) Receiving State
(c) Both sending and receiving State
(d) None of these
17. The term ‘United Nations’ was suggested by
(c) T.V. Soong
(d) M. Litinov
18. The Principal organs of the United Nations are those whose names are mentioned in
(a) Article 5 of the United Nations Charter
(b) Article 6 of the United Nations Charter
(c) Article 7 of the United Nations Charter
(d) Article 8 of the United Nations Charter
19. In which Supreme Court case it was held that preamble is the basic structure of the Constitution ?
(a) Minerva Mills Vs. Union of India
(b) Keshvanand Bharti Vs. State of Kerala
(c) Chandra Bhavan Vs. State of Mysore
(d) Nakara Vs. Union of India
20. Out of the following who has not been elected as Judge of International Court of Justice ?
(a) Dr. Nagendra Singh
(b) Dalveer Bhandari
(c) R.S. Pathak
(d) Ranganath Misra