उत्तर प्रदेश शिक्षा पात्रता परीक्षा UPTET (Uttar Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test) 2017 परीक्षा का आयोजन परीक्षा नियामक प्राधिकरण, उत्तर प्रदेश द्वारा 15 अक्टूबर (October) 2017 को आयोजित किया गया। UPTET (Uttar Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test) Exam Paper 2017 – भाषा – III : अंग्रेजी की उत्तरकुंजी (Language – II : English Answer Key).
UPTET (Uttar Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test) Paper 2
Junior Level (Class 6 to Class 8)
परीक्षा (Exam) : UPTET (Uttar Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test)
भाग (Part) : भाषा – III : अंग्रेजी (Language – II : English)
परीक्षा आयोजक (Organized) : UPBEB
कुल प्रश्न (Number of Question) : 30
Set : D
UPTET Exam 2017
Paper – II
Part – III – Language – II : English
Directions : Read the given passage carefully and answer the questions (Questions Nos. 61 to 65) that follow by selecting the most appropriate option.
Helicopters are very different from airplanes. They can do three things that airplanes cannot do. First, when airplanes move upward, the must also move forward, but helicopters can move straight up without moving ahead. Second, helicopters can fly backward, which airplanes cannot do. Third, helicopters can use their rotors to hover in the air, which is impossible for airplanes. Helicopters can perform actions that airplanes cannot, they are used for different tasks. Since helicopters can take off without moving forward, they do not need a runway for takeoff. They are used in congesed areas where there is no room for airplanes or in isolated areas, which do not have airports. Because they can hover, they are used on fire-fighting missions to drop water on fires. They are used in logging operations to lift trees out of forests. Helicopters are used as air ambulances to airlift patients out of situation, which are difficult to reach by conventional ambulances. The police use helicopters to follow suspects on the ground or to search for cars on the ground. Of course, helicopters have military uses because of their design and capabilities.
61. The word ‘congested’ in the passage means
(a) the place is roomy
(b) the place has no place
(c) the place can be accessed by police vans
(d) the place has so much of smoke due to fire
62. A helicopter can hover while an airplane cannot, according to the passage. ‘Hover’’ in the passage means
(a) stay at one place in the air
(b) move straight up in the air
(c) go backward in the air
(d) fly sideways
63. Point out the grammatical category of the word ‘perform in the passage.
(d) Helping verb
64. Why is a helicopter used as an ambulance?
(a) Its movement can be manoeurved easily.
(b) It crosses all difficulties of traffic.
(c) It reaches the inaccessible places easily.
(d) It can fire-fight 65.
65. Point out the grammatical category of the word ‘very’ in the passage.
66. ‘To chew the cud’ correctly means
(a) to contrive against someone
(b) to die on duty
(c) to meditate
(d) to inculcate virtues
Directions : Complete the sentences in the following questions (Question Nos. 67 to 69) with most appropriate choice.
67. He was very much ashamed his mischief.
68. ______ he stood first, he would have gone to America.
69. Of the sword and pen, the ______ is more powerful
(a) last one
70. Which prefix can be used with the following words?
behave, guide, use
71. Choose the correct sentence.
(a) The committee were one on this point.
(b) The committee was one on this point.
(c) The committee was divided on this point
(d) The committee have one on this point
72. Which of the following is an example of simile?
(a) I wandered lonely as a cloud.
(b) Life is a dream.
(c) Anxiety is sitting on her face.
(d) A lie has no legs.
73. Change the following sentence into active voice: The visitors were shown the newborn by the woman.
(a) The newborn was shown to the visitors by the woman.
(b) The woman has shown the newborn to the visitors.
(c) The woman showed the visitors the newborn
(d) The woman might have shown the newborn
74. Select the antonym for the word ‘adverse’.
75. Fill in the blank with correct word to complete the proverb :
Blood is ______ than water.