उत्तर प्रदेश शिक्षा पात्रता परीक्षा UPTET (Uttar Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test) 2017 परीक्षा का आयोजन परीक्षा नियामक प्राधिकरण, उत्तर प्रदेश द्वारा 15 अक्टूबर (October) 2017 को आयोजित किया गया। UPTET (Uttar Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test) Exam Paper 2017 – भाषा – III : अंग्रेजी की उत्तरकुंजी (Language – II : English Answer Key).
UPTET (Uttar Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test) Paper 1
Primary Level (Class 1 to Class 5)
परीक्षा (Exam) : UPTET (Uttar Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test)
भाग (Part) : भाषा – III : अंग्रेजी (Language – II : English)
परीक्षा आयोजक (Organized) : UPBEB
कुल प्रश्न (Number of Question) : 30
Set : B
UPTET Exam 2017
Paper – I
Part – III – Language – II : English
61. Complete the following sentence with correct conjunction :
______ he had not paid his bill, his electricity was cut off.
62. Choose the correct figure of speech; in the following sentence :
Death lays his icy hand on kings.
63. The study of population is known as
64. Give the meaning of the following proverb :
A bird in hand is worth two in a bush.
(1) To catch two birds with your hands
(2) To be dissatisfied with what you have
(3) It is better to be satisfied with what you have than to try to get what is not yours
(4) To trap birds in bushes
65. Which of the following sounds is not associated with the sound of a bell?
66. Fill in the blank with the correct preposition :
Are you sorry ______ what you have done?
67. Pick out the correct synonym of the following word :
(4) Make thin
68. Pick out the compound sentence:
(1) To add to their troubles the servant ran away.
(2) Having no money with me, I could not give the beggar anything.
(3) I loved him because he was my friend.
(4) The servant ran away and added to their troubles.
69. Select the most appropriate preposition to complete the following sentence :
Why are you always so suspicious me?
70. Choose the correct alternative to o complete the following sentence :
The Headmaster ______ to speak to you.
(2) is wanting
(3) was wanting
(4) None of the above
Directions : Read the given passage carefully and answer the questions (Question m 71 to 75) that follow by selecting the most appropriate option.
Antarctica is an icy continent in the South Pole. It is covered by permanently frozen ground, is surrounded by water and is about 1.5 times longer than the United States. The world’s largest desert is in Antarctica. 98% of the land is covered with a continental ice sheet: the remaining 2% of land is barren rock. Antarctica has about 87% of the world’s ice. The South Pole is the coldest, windiest and driest place on Earth. The coldest temperature ever recorded on Earth was at the South Pole; it reached as low as –128.6 °F or -88.0 °C. On an average most of the Antarctica gets less than 2 inches of snow each year. Although scientific expeditions visit Antarctica, there are no permanent human residents. This is because of the extreme weather, which includes freezing temperature, strong winds and blizzards. There are about 4000 seasonal visitors to Antarctica. Antarctica hasn’t always been located at the South Pole. It has drifted, like the other continents and has ranged from the Equator during the Cambrian period, about 500 million years ago to the South Pole. During the time of the dinosaurs, Antarctica was more temperate and housed dinosaurs and many other life-forms. Now there is very little indigenous life,
71. The word ‘icy’ in the passage is a/an
(4) homonym of ‘ice’
72. The word ‘desert’ in the passage is a
73. The word ‘windiest in the passage is a
(1) second form of verbs
(2) superlative form of adjective
(3) superlative form of adverb
(4) positive form of noun
74. Has Antarctica always been fixed in the South Pole?
(3) May be
(4) Not given in the passage
75. Who are the earliest known inhabitants of Antarctica?
(1) American scientists
(2) Indian scientists
(4) It has always been a desert