UPSC conduct the NDA (National Defence Academy) I Exam – 2019. NDA I 2019 Paper held on 21 April 2019. This paper is General Aptitude Test Part A. NDA (I) 2019 General Aptitude Test Answer Key available here.
Exam – NDA (I) 2019
Organized by – UPSC
Subject – General Aptitude Test
Date of Exam – 21 – April – 2019
UPSC NDA (I) 2019 Exam Paper (Answer Key)
Subject – General Aptitude Test (Part – A)
Directions : Each item in this section consists of a sentence with an underlined word followed by four words or group of words. Select the option that is nearest in meaning to the underlined word/words and mark your response in your Answer Sheet accordingly.
1. Some people complain when they encounter a small misfortune in the course of their thoroughly happy life.
(a) run into
(b) run away
(c) run down
(d) run with
2. This world is full of miseries.
(a) indifferent love
(b) perfect happiness
(c) great suffering
(d) moderate sympathies
3. A glance at a beautiful object gives us delight.
4. It is terrible for people to die of starvation.
5. The university has constituted a grievance redressal committee to look into the matter.
6. Rakesh delivered a slanderous speech.
7. Suddenly, the sky was darkened by a gigantic bird.
8. To abolish poverty would be to destroy the soil upon which mankind produces the virtues conducive to higher civilization
9. The Arabs who are not in the cities live in the desert throughout the year, shifting from one oasis to another.
10. The various facets of life can be found reflected in a large city.
Directions : Each item in this section has a sentence with three underlined parts labelled (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any underlined part and indicate your response in the Answer Sheet against the corresponding letter i.e., (a) or (b) or (c). If you find no error, your response should be indicated as (d).
11. Opening his letters, (a)/ reading them carefully and sending for his clerk, (b)/ he dictated answers with them. (c)/ No error. (d)
12. He was my school-friend, (a)/ but becoming a great man,(b) / he has grown proud enough to forget his old friends. (c)/ No error. (d)
13. Rabindranath Tagore, (a)/ a Nobel laureate and the author of the national anthem, (b)/ found Shantiniketan.(c)/ No error. (d)
14. The art of printing was introduced into England (a)/ during the reign of Edward IV (b)/ by William Caxton, a native of Kent. (c) No error. (d)
15. From thirty years (a) / he devoted himself to public affairs (b)/ without taking a holiday. (c) / No error.
16. If Ramesh will be promoted (a) / he will get (b) / a higher salary. (c) / No error. (d)
17. My brother goes (a)/ to the office (b) / five day week. (c) / No error. (d)
18. If you lend Mohan a pen (a) / he will lend it to someone else (b) / and never you will get it back. (c) / No error. (d)
19. One of most widely spread (a) / bad habits (b) / is the use of tobacco. © / No error. (d)
20. A great part (a) / of Arabia (b) / is desert. (c) / No error. (d)