UPSC conduct the NDA (National Defence Academy) II Exam – 2019. NDA II 2019 Paper held on 17 November 2019. This paper is Part A (English). NDA (II) 2019 Part – A (English) Answer Key available here.
Exam – NDA (II) 2019
Organized by – UPSC
Part – A (English)
Date of Exam – 17th November, 2019
UPSC NDA (II) 2019 Exam Paper (Answer Key)
Part – A (English)
Directions : Each item in this section consists of a sentence with an underlined word followed by four options. Select the option that is nearest in meaning to the underlined word and mark your response in your Answer Sheet accordingly.
1. He is always anxious.
2. The poems of Kabir are ecstatic in nature
3 . Ravi loves seclusion. Therefore, he lives in the mountains.
4. Hitler was a despot.
5. The imagery used in the poem is vivid.
6. A human being is always vulnerable to other human beings.
7. His language is political and vitriolic.
8. The Managing Director of the company declared that he is broke and there is a need to seek support from the government.
(c) making profit
(d) having liabilities
9. He loves doing nasty things.
10. He could not muster courage to speak the truth before his friend.
Directions : Each item in this section consists of a sentence with an underlined word followed by four options. Select the option that is opposite in meaning to the underlined word and mark your response in your Answer Sheet accordingly.
11. His conversations are always absurd.
12. The politician was a dissident.
13. He wrote an incisive article on corruption in politics.
14. Rakesh is an eccentric prodigal.
15. Friendship is always reciprocal.
16. The debate was highly stimulating.
17. Malaria is a widespread disease.
18. The bill received a vehement resistance from the opposition party in the Parliament.
19. He has been obstinate since his childhood.
20. Mahatma Gandhi was one of the most prominent leaders of his times.