81. Which writer received the Pulitzer Prize four times:
(A) W.H. Auden
(B) Robert Frost
(C) W.B. Yeats
(D) T.S. Eliot
82. Who said, “Poetry is the language of the imagination and the passions.” ?
(A) Philip Larkin
(B) William Wordsworth
(C) William Hazlitt
(D) John Keats
83. “Persons living at the same time.”
One word for the above is:
84. The passive voice of the following sentence will be:
He sent me a gift.
(A) A gift was send to him by me
(B) A gift was send to me by him
(C) A gift was sent to me by him
(D) A gift is sent to me by him
85. Antonym of the word “Astute” is :
86. In Anand’s Untouchable, who said to Ulhan, “They think we are mere dirt because we their dirt”?
(A) Bhakha to Bhaguwandas
(B) Bhakha to Lakha
(C) Lakha to Bhakha
(D) Sohini to Bhakha
87. Which of the following literary piece is always a short amusing account of something that has happened in real ?
(D) None of the above
88. Poet John Keats was born
(A) 1608 A.D.
(B) 1874 A.D.
(C) 1795 A.D.
(D) 1770 A.D.
89. “The summer of the beautiful white horse” is the story about two:
(A) Rich American boys
(B) Poor Italian boys
(C) Naughty Spanish boys
(D) Poor Armenian boys
90. Throughout the day she did nothing but _______ illness.
(C) have feiging
(D) to feigh
91. The protagonist of the famous novel of Narayan “The Bachelor of Arts” is :
92. Who said “Poetry is a Criticism of Life” ?
93.Name the maths teacher who gave a glowing testimonial to Albert Einstein:
(D) Dr. Ernest Weil
94.Who is the writer of the stroy “Enemy”?
(A) John Updike
(C) None of the above
(D) Pearl S. Buck
95.What is the right order of the stanzas of Pindaric ode ?
(A) Strophe, Antistrophe, Epode
(B) Antistrophe, Epode, Strophe
(C) Epode, Strophe, Antistrophe
(D) Strophe, Epode, Antistrophe
96.The correct verb form in blank space will be:
This watch________ correct time.
(B) Has kept
97. Poem “The Daffodils” is written by:
(A) William Wordsworth
(B) William Shakespeare
(C) John Keats
(D) P.B. Shelly
98. To cast pearl before a swine means:
(A) To throw away pearls into the sea
(B) To feed a swine on good food
(C) To put uneatable things before a swine
(D) To give precious things/ideas to those who do not understand their value
99. Meaning of the phrase “inter alia” is:
(A) In between
(C) Among other things
(D) With suitable changes
100. Which of the following story is penned Amitav Ghosh as a tribute to his writer friend by after his demise ?
(A) When Breath Becomes Air
(B) The sense of an Ending
(C) The Ghat of the only World
(D) The cure for Grief
|Read Also :
|Uttarakhand Study Material in Hindi Language (हिंदी भाषा में)||Click Here|
|Uttarakhand Study Material in English Language
|Uttarakhand Study Material One Liner in Hindi Language
|Uttarakhand UKPSC Previous Year Exam Paper||Click Here|
|Uttarakhand UKSSSC Previous Year Exam Paper||Click Here|