The Preliminary Examination of State Service Examination 2020 organized by CGPSC (Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission) was held on 17 February 2019. Chhattisgarh PCS Pre Exam First Paper (General Studies) 2018 available here with the answer key.
Post :- CGPSC State Service Pre Exam 2018
Subject :- Paper I General Studies
Organizer :- CGPSC (Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission)
Exam Date :- 17 February 2019 (10.00 AM – 12.00 PM)
Number of Questions :- 100
CGPSC State Service Pre Exam 2018
Paper I – (General Studies)
(Official Answer Key)
1. Which Committee recommended abolition of tax rebates under Section 88 ?
(a) Shome Committee
(b) Chelliah Committee
(c) Rangarajan Committee
(d) Kelkar Committee
2. Economic Survey of India is related to
(a) Planning Commission
(b) Reserve Bank of India
(c) Ministry of Finance
(d) Finance Commission
3. Measures of distribution of income :
(a) Philip Curve
(b) Lorenz Curve
(c) Marshall Curve
(d) Lafer Curve
4. In which article of the constitution the Adult Suffrage is recognised ?
(a) Article 324
(b) Article 325
(c) Article 326
(d) Article 327
5. In which article of the constitution ‘Equal Protection of Law’ is provided ?
(a) Article 12
(b) Article 13
(c) Article 14
(d) Article 15
6. What are the restrictions in the freedom to manage religious affairs in the Article 26 of the constitution ?
(i) Public Order
(ii) National Security
(a) (i) (ii) (iii)
(b) (i)(iii) (v)
(c) (ii) (iv) (vi)
(d) (i) (iv) (v)
7. Which of the language is not included in the VIII Schedule of the constitution ?
8. Who certifies the money bill ?
(d) Council of Ministers
9. Which of this is the legislative power of the President according to constitution ?
(a) To summon the session of Parliament
(b) To prorogate the session of Parliament
(c) To adjourn the meeting of Parliament
(d) To promulgate ordinance
10. What will be happened if President summons for the joint session of Parliament and in the meantime Lok Sabha dissolved ?
(a) Joint session will be held in scheduled time
(b) Joint session will be cancelled
(c) Joint session will be held after composition of New Lok Sabha
(d) Bill will be lapsed
11. Which of the following is the leading soyabean producing state ?
(b) Madhya Pradesh
(c) Uttar Pradesh
12. In which of the following states population of Scheduled Tribes is largest in the country in 2011 ?
(c) Madhya Pradesh
13. Which one of the following types of migration has contributed most in population movement in India in 2011 ?
(a) Rural to rural
(b) Urban to rural
(c) Rural to urban
(d) Urban to urban
14. Which of the following industries uses bauxite as a principal raw material ?
15. Which one of the following iron and steel plant is located neither on iron ore area nor on coalfield but approximately at the midway between them?
16. Which of the following ranges is the most recent one ?
(b) Vindhyachal Range
(c) The Himalayas
(d) The Eastern Ghats
17. In which of the following States Sundarvan mangrove is located ?
(b) West Bengal
(d) Andhra Pradesh
18. Malanjkhand in Madhya Pradesh is the leading producer of which one of the following minerals ?
(a) Iron ore
(c) Copper ore
19. At the time of National Movement who started Dash Roja’ periodical?
(a) Mohammad Ali Jinnah
(b) Abdul Gaffar Khan
(c) Lala Lajpat Rai
(d) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
20. What was the name of the newspaper published by Mahatma Gandhi in South Africa ?
(a) The Indian Opinion
(b) National Herald
(d) The Pioneer