81. Choose the correct option to fill in the blank space:
Temperature tomorrow ________ much the same as today.
(3) will have been
(4) will be
82. Choose the correct Passive of the following sentence from the given options.
I can see the force of your argument.
(1) N The forced argument I could see.
(2) The argument was forced to be seen.
(3) The force of the argument on can see.
(4) The force of your argument can be seen.
83. Choose the correct Indirect form of the following Direct speech sentence:
“Listen to me!” said Mother.
(1) Mother told me listen to her.
(2) Mother told me to listen to her.
(3) Mother asked me to listen.
(4) Mother asked to me to listened.
84. Choose the word which means the following:
A thing that is fit to be eaten:
85. Pick the correct option to fill in the blank;
Cattle ________ driven all over the fields.
(4) has been
86. Choose the correct Indirect form of the following Direct speech sentence:
“Could you call me back later?”
(1) He asked if you could call to me later.
(2) He asked to later make a call on him.
(3) He asked me to call him back later.
(4) He pleased me to call him later.
87. Change the following sentence into passive:
Give the order.
(1) Let the order out.
(2) Let you give the order.
(3) Let the order be given.
(4) The order was to be given.
88. Choose the correct affirmative sentence.
She is not guilty.
(1) She is innocent.
(2) She is guilty.
(3) She can be not guilty.
(4) Innocent is she we know.
89. Pick the correct option which transforms the following interrogative sentence to assertive:
Can you touch the sky?
(1) No one can touch the sky.
(2) The sky cannot be touched.
(3) You cannot touch the sky.
(4) None of the above.
90. Change the following sentence into indirect speech:
Tom said, “I woke up feeling ill, so I didn’t go to work.”
(1) Tom said that he woke up feeling ill and so he did not go to work.
(2) Tom said that he had woken up feeling ill, so he hadn’t gone to work.
(3) Tom said that he had woken up feeling ill, so he did not go to work.
(4) Tom said that he woke up feeling ill, so he didn’t go to work.
91. Choose the antonym of the following word:
92. Choose the correct antonym of the word:
93. Choose the option that is a one word substitution for the given phrase:
A nation or person engaged in war or conflict, as recognized by international law.
94. Pick the correct option to fill the blank space.
I couldn’t sleep ________ very tired.
(1) although I was
(2) in spite of being
(3) despite of being
(4) Both (1) & (2)
95. Which of the following word does not have ‘ful’ as a suffix?
96. Choose the correct meaning of the Italicised Idiom:
The news of Rehan’s death spread like wild fire.
(1) Spread rapidly
(3) In favour with
(4) To get into trouble
97. Fill in the blank choosing the correct tense form from the given options.
If he, ________ what are we to do?
(3) had come
(4) was to come
98. Choose the correct Active transformation of the given Passive:
If the food had not been overcooked there would not have been any complaint.
(1) I would not have complained if the food had not been overcooked.
(2) I would not have complained if the food was not overcooked.
(3) There would be no complaint for overcooking the food.
(4) The complaint was about overcooked food if done by me.
99. Choose the correct Indirect form of the sentence.
She said, “I have written a story.”
(1) She said (that) she had written a story.
(2) She told of writing a story.
(3) A story written by her.
(4) She informed us of writing a story.
100. Give the correct meaning of the underlined Idiom.
It was he who put a spoke in my wheel in the execution of my design.
(1) Blessed me
(2) Helped me
(3) Deeply appealed
(4) Thwarted me