UPSSSC (Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission) conducted the Preliminary Eligibility Test (PET) for the recruitment process of government jobs in Uttar Pradesh. This exam was conducted on 28th October, 2023 in two shifts. Here UPSSSC PET 2023, 28 October 1st shift question paper along with answer key has been provided.
|UPSSSC PET Exam – 28 Oct 2023 1st Shift (Official Answer Key)|
|UPSSSC PET Exam – 28 Oct 2023 2nd Shift (Official Answer Key)|
|UPSSSC PET Exam – 29 Oct 2023 1st Shift (Official Answer Key)
|UPSSSC PET Exam – 29 Oct 2023 2nd Shift (Official Answer Key)
|Exam||UPSSSC PET Exam Paper 2023|
||28 October, 2023 (Morning Shift)|
|UPSSSC PET Exam – 28 Oct 2023 1st Shift (Answer Key) – Hindi|
|UPSSSC PET Exam – 28 Oct 2023 2nd Shift (Answer Key) – Hindi|
|UPSSSC PET Exam – 29 Oct 2023 1nd Shift (Answer Key) – Hindi|
|UPSSSC PET Exam – 29 Oct 2023 2nd Shift (Answer Key) – Hindi|
UPSSSC PET Exam 28 Oct 2023 (1st Shift)
1. After Shivaji’s death, effective power in the Maratha state was wielded by a family of Chitpavan Brahmanas who served Shivaji’s successors as minister), which city became the capital of Peshwa (or principal the Maratha kingdom?
(D) Poona (Pune)
2. Mahavir Swami became known as “Jina”, what does “Jina” mean?
(A) The Conqueror
(B) The great soul
(C) The God
3. As mentioned in Asokan inscriptions, there were five major political centres in the Mauryan empire including the capital Pataliputra and other four provincial centres. Which among the following was not the provincial centre ?
4. Rigveda contains dialogue between a sage named Vishvamitra and which two rivers ?
(A) Sutlej and Chenab
(B) Beas and Sutlej
(C) Chenab and Ravi
(D) Beas and Jhelum
5. In 1722, the subadari of ________ was given to Sawai Raja Jai Singh.
6. Who among the following had exhorted his colleagues to realise that the Constituent Assembly was British-made and was “working on the British plans as the British liked it to be worked out”?
(A) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
(B) C. Rajagopalachari
(C) Abdur Nishtar
(D) Somnath Lahiri
7. Chittaranjan Das & Motilal Nehru had formed which of the following political parties within the Congress to argue for a return to council politics?
(A) The Indian League
(B) Swaraj Party
(C) Hindustan Association Socialist Republic
(D) The Bombay Presidency Association
8. Where was the session of the Congress had taken place in which Mahatma Gandhi convinced other leaders about the need to start a non-cooperation movement in support of Khilafat as well as swaraj ?
9. Who among the following was the founder of the “Khudai Khidmatgars” and is also known as Badshah Khan ?
(A) Syed Ahmed Khan
(B) Hakim Ajmal Khan
(C) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
(D) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
10. The Hindustan Gadar Party’s headquarter was located at ________ in 1913.
(D) San Francisco
11. Shirui (Siroy) Lilly is the only terrestrial Lilly found in which of the following states of India ?
(B) West Bengal
12. “Oriya Plateau” is situated in which of the following states of India?
(B) Madhya Pradesh
13. What causes rainfall on the coastal areas of Tamil Nadu in the beginning of winters?
(A) North-Eastern Monsoon
(B) Local Air Circulation
(C) Temperate Cyclones
(D) South-West Monsoon
14. Which type of granite is found in Jalore district of Rajasthan?
(A) Rakhee Green Granite
(B) Merry Gold Granite
(C) Black Granite
(D) Rosy Pink Granite
15. Bandel Church constructed by Portuguese is located in which of the following states/UTs of India ?
(C) West Bengal
16. Who approves the Fair and Remunerative Price (FRP) of sugarcane ? (A) Directorate of Marketing and Inspection, Ministry of Agriculture
(B) The National Sugar Institute, Kanpur
(C) Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs
(D) Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices
17. Which of the following is an Indian Labour Law and Social Security measure aimed at guaranteeing the “Right to work” ?
(A) Indian Institute of Management Act
(B) Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
(C) The Payment (Amendment) Act, 2017
(D) Citizenship Act of Wages
18. “Golden Revolution” is responsible for the development in which of following agriculture sector in India?
(B) Potato Production
(C) Petroleum Production
(D) Oil seed Production
19. Where is the head office of Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority located ?
(B) New Delhi
20. Which of the following is not a type of Depository Institution?
(B) Loan Association
(C) Commercial Banks
(D) Credit Co-operative Societies